Well here they are...
1) Reading in bed, with a cup of tea. Complete bliss.
Not complete without a collie, of course.
2) Going to sleep.
This is such a luxurious, indulgent feeling that I will sometimes shake myself back awake, just to enjoy it all over again.
3) Climbing to the top of one of the hills There and enjoying the 360 degree view.
4) Waking up and remembering that Madette or Junior Mad has come to stay. Even better: both.
5) Bach's Goldberg Variations, played by Murray Perahia.
From the first note to the last, it is sublime.
6) Radio 4. Melvyn Bragg's "In our time", "I'm sorry I haven't a clue", "The Archers" and so much more.
God's own radio station.
7) Cooking for friends. Maybe not free but it doesn't have to be expensive ingredients. Such a pleasure to make a meal to share.
8) Watching the red kite. I could watch their graceful flight for hours. And usually do.
9) A moment of sheer vanity. The colour of my eyes. They're green. Proper green. Not a bit green with some blue or grey. Just green. As a teenager, I hated most bits of my body. My shape, my hair, my skin. Yeuch. At about the age of twenty, someone commented on the colour of my eyes. Taking off the glasses and looking hard into the mirror (one of those "Goodness, Miss Jones" moments), I realised that they really are green. I've liked them ever since.
The colour green hidden in this icicle, in fact.
10) Sitting with a collie head resting on my knee.
Love given and received.
And I have an eleventh pleasure. Reading your blogs. Keep them coming. They are such an enjoyable experience. And if you've got this far ... what are your ten free and simple pleasures?