Monday, August 30, 2010

Green and golden


I've listened to all my European colleagues yattering on about the long weeks that they've spent down on the Med while I've been waiting. Smugly, you know. Through the long not very nice summer, I've taken long weekends to watch progress on the building work on the house. As the showers came and went, and building was slowed down, my smug smile withered slightly but still hovered a bit Cheshire cat-like.
Last week, as the school holidays trickled away, I watched the fields and gardens turn to mud. Still a bit smug but also fearful that those forecasts of wet until November might be true.

But now here I am smug, SMUG, SMUG. On holiday, in Wales with Fern Hill weather.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Madz. I LOVE that pretty foxglove/bramble combo - the colours are gorgeous - that would make a nice cover for some little note-cards to use as thank-you letters or whatever. Jasper is salivating at the sight of that lovely green field - I'm going to have to move him before his drool shorts out the computer, hehe! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I love this time of year. The weather can be very pleasant in September and if it isn't, it doesn't matter because no-one expects it to be brilliant. The summer is often, like this year, such a let-down.

    I hope you have a great and relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, have a little mumble here. You know you want to.

Followers